VC Trinity University– (B.Sc, M.Sc, P.hD)
Faculty/Department: Basic Medical & Applied Sciences/ Computer & Information Science
• Mobile computing
• Internet programming
• ICT and Computing in general
Scopus Page Reference:
Google Scholar Page Reference:
AWARDS & HONOURS:
• Senior Fulbright Research Scholar
• Awardee of the Ford Foundation for Teaching and Innovations
• Named the African Vice-Chancellor of year(Private University) 2015
• Most Outstanding Professionals in Africa for the year 2016 (International Business Star Quality
• Number one(1) researcher in the world in the area of Governance, Electronic Governance and Democratic Governance.
• A Proposed Unified Digital Id Framework for Access to Electronic Government Services, Geteloma, V., Ayo, C.K., Goddy-Wurlu, R.N., 2019, Journal of Physics: Conference
• A sustainable ubiquitous engagement platform for open government Implementation,Goddy-Worlu, R.N., Ayo, C.K., Geteloma, V.O., 2019, Journal of Physics: Conference Series.
• Review on Insider Threat Detection Techniques ,Oladimeji, T.O., Ayo, C.K., Adewumi, S.E., 2019, Journal of Physics: Conference Series
• The prospects of adopting e-learning in the Nigerian education system: A case study of Covenant University, Ayomide Odegbesan, O., Ayo, C., Atinuke Oni, A., (…), Chidinma Gift, O., Udenwagu Nnaemeka, E., 2019, Journal of Physics: Conference Series
• Empirical Review of the Challenges of the Cashless Policy Implementation in Nigeria: A Cross-Sectional Research, Ejiobih, C., Oni, A.A., Ayo, C.K., (…), Koyejo, O., Olushola, A., 2019, Journal of Physics: Conference Series
• Mobile learning and accounting students’ readiness in tertiary and professional institutions in Nigeria, Ajayi, A., Ayo, C.K., Olamide, O., 2019, Cogent Arts and Humanitie
• E-voting system: The pathway to free and fair election in Nigeria, Falade, A., Adebiyi, A.A., Ayo, C.K., Adebiyi, M., Okesola, O., 2019, Electronic Government.
• Qualitative assessment of systematic literatures in software engineering, Okesola, J.O., Okokpujie, K.O., Adebiyi, A.A., Ayo, C.K, 2018, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology.
• Electronic governance platform: Towards overcoming the challenges of non-inclusion of citizens in public policy formulation and implementation in Nigeria, Gberevbie, D.E., Ayo, C.K., Iyoha, F.O., Duruji, M.M., Abasilim, U.D., 2018, International Journal of Electronic Governance.
Prof. Charles Korede Ayo CV – PDF File
SUMMARY OF PROFILE:
Charles Korede Ayo is a Professor of Computing. He holds a B.Sc, M.Sc, and Ph.D in Computer Science. He was the immediate past Vice Chancellor of Covenant University, Ota, between 2012 and 2016. Before his appointment as the Vice Chancellor of Covenant University, he was the pioneer Head of Computer and Information Sciences Department as well as the pioneer Director, Academic Planning Unit of the University.
Professor Ayo is a native of Egbe in Yagba west Local Government Area of Kogi State. He attended Baptist LGEA Primary School, Mopa, and the famous Titcombe College, Egbe, from 1973 to 1977; and Kwara State College of Technology, SBS, Ilorin, from 1977 to 1980 for his GCE A’Level (Cambridge Moderated). Also, he attended Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, where he obtained a B.Sc (Hons) Mathematics with Computer Science degree, and was the best graduating student with Second Class (Upper) Division in 1984. He obtained M.Sc (Computer Science) from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, in 1993; and a Ph.D Mathematics (Numerical Computation) from the University of Ilorin, in 1999.
His research interests include: Mobile computing, Internet programming, e-Business, e-Government, ICT and Computing in general. He is a member of the Nigerian Computer Society (NCS), and Computer Professionals (Registration Council) of Nigeria (CPN). Similarly, he is professionally certified in CISCO and Microsoft products. Prof. Ayo is a member of a number of international research bodies such as the Centre for Business Information, Organization and Process Management (BIOPoM), University of Westminster, London; the Review Committee of the European Conference on E-Government (ECEG); the programme committee, IADIS Information Systems; the Editorial Board of: Journal of Information and communication Technology for Human Development (IJICTHD), International Journal of Scientific Research in Education (IJSRE) and African Journal of Business Management amongst others.
Furthermore, Prof. Ayo was an External Examiner to a number of Nigerian universities at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels; and some foreign universities such as the University of Cape Town, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, University of Johannesburg all in South Africa, and Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia. He has supervised about 200 postgraduate projects at Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Ph.D levels, and over 200 publications in scholarly journals and conference proceedings.
Prof. Ayo was a guest speaker in Harvard, and a Convocation Lecturer at Crawford University, Igbesa; and the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State. Similarly, he was a keynote speaker in many conferences, professional associations and organizations.
Professor Charles Ayo is a Senior Fulbright Research Scholar and an Awardee of the Ford Foundation for Teaching and Innovations. He is well reputed Nationally and Internationally in the areas of application electronic and mobile technologies to governance, business, education and health among others. He was named the African Vice-Chancellor of year (Private University), 2015, and he Most Outstanding Professionals in Africa for the year 2016 (International Business Star Quality). Also, according to the 2017 rating of researchers globally by Scopus (Scival), Prof. Ayo is ranked the number one (1) researcher in the world in the area of Governance, Electronic Governance and Democratic Governance.
Professor Ayo was the immediate past President of the Gideons International; and the President of the Mustard Seed International Outreach – a ministry founded by him for helping the needy and distribution of tracts and Bibles.