Dr. Kunle Ogedengbe
Mass Communication – B.Sc, M.Sc, PhD
Art, Management and Social Sciences/ Mass Communication
Visit Publication Page:
- Journalism and Media Studies
- Public Relations
- Financial and Insurance Communication
- International Communication
- Precision/Scientific Journalism
- Media and Society
- Community Media
Awards & Honours:
- Special Merit Award (NYSC)
- Double Commendation Certificates, Nigeria Media Merit Award, 2003
- Certificates of Commendation, NIPR, Lagos State Chapter, 2004, 2005 and 2006
- Plaque of Excellence NIPR, Lagos State Chapter 2007 and 2008
- Examiner/Judge in different areas of Mass Communication including Journalism, Public Relations and Advertising
Fellowship/Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Fellow, Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR)
- Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON)
- Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR), UK
National and International Publications (Books/Journals/Chapters):
- Ogedengbe, K. Media of Public Relations (2004, 209pp)
- Ogedengbe, K. Principles and Practice of Community Relations – (2007, 150pp)
- Ogedengbe, K. Advertology (Co-Authorship) (2010, 202pp
- Ogedengbe, K. Issues in PR (Co-Authorship) (2005, 105pp)
- Ogedengbe, K.Introduction to Public Relations and Advertising: (2019, 195pp)
The Beginner’s Guide (Co-Authorship)
- Ogedengbe, K. Understanding Public Relations (2019, 134pp)
- Ogedengbe, K. (2018). Impact of outdoor media on business development in Nigerian. In A. Daramola & A. Tejumaiye (Eds.). Nigerian Outdoor Advertising: Concepts, Constructs, Issues and Trends (pp. 249-267). Lagos: University of Lagos Press and Bookshop Ltd.
- Ogedengbe, K. (2001). Media relations, lubricant of pr. In L. Idowu (ed.) Watching the Watchdog. Lagos: Diamond Publications Limited.
- Ogedengbe, K. (2012). Crisis in Nigeria’s banking and financial industry: Government actions reassure skittish, jittery publics. In A. M. Amiso & C. B. Pratt (Eds.). Case Studies in Crisis Communication: International Perspectives on Hits and Misses (pp. 81-112). New York: Routledge. (Co-authored with Wole Adamolekun and Cornelius B. Pratt)
- Ogedengbe, K. (2017). ‘Communicating development’ – a cultural shift: emerging discourses on entrepreneurial development and poverty reduction by Nigeria’s banking and microfinance sectors. Journal of Critical Arts (2017). 30(5), 709-.727, DOI: 10.1080/02560046.2016.1262439. Co-authored with Ying Hu, Cornelius B. Pratt, & Wole Adamolekun.
- Ogedengbe, K. (2012). Alignment of the goals of host communities and energy companies in Nigeria: The strategic place of community development and corporate social responsibility for sustainable stakeholders’ participation. Society of Petroleum Engineers Journal, USA (2012)
- Ogedengbe, K. (2006). Corporate survival and the lubricating role of financial public relations. Lagos Journal of Entrepreneurship and Technology (LJET), 1(1), pp. 121 – 137.
- Ogedengbe, K. (2019). Advertisement and criticisms: An appraisal. Zaria Journal of Communication, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, 4(2), pp. 180-196.
- Ogedengbe, K. (2019). Public Relations Media and the Operations of Nigerian Underwriting Firms, Beyond Babel Journal of Language and Literary Studies, Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State, Nigeria, 6, pp. 113-126. Co-authored with Prof. Kolade Ajilore.
- Ogedengbe, K. (2019). Mexican Statement and the Four Models: An Examination of Public Relations Praxis, Journal of Media and Communication Review, Lagos State University. Co-authored with Wole Adamolekun.
International and National Conferences/Courses attended (and Titles of Papers Presented)
- International Crisis and Risk Communication Conference, Orlando Florida, USA, 2020. Paper Co-author with Dr. Wole Adamolekun and Prof. Amiso George.
- Crisis Management, Communication and Stakeholders’ Expectations at the ACSPN Conference, Abeokuta, 2019
- Online Journalism Practice in Nigeria: Perspectives, Problems and Prospects at the ACSPN Conference, Abeokuta, 2019.
- Crisis Communication and Reputation Management for Public Relations Professionals in the Digital Age: Prevention Perspectives/Strategies at the MCPD Seminar of the NIPR, 2019
- African Traditional Media and Communication Strategies at the World Public Relations Forum, Toronto, Canada, 2016
- Media Agenda Setting and Development Communication in Nigeria at the ACSPN Conference, Bayero University, Kano, 2017.
- Africa in the Global Media: Does Africa Exist in the World’s Socio-Political and Economic Dynamics? – The Challenges of Public Relations and Corporate Governance in Africa at the All African Public Relations Conference, Africa Public Relations Association, Abuja, Nigeria, 2010
- 8. Research Assistant on the Paper: Insight Nigeria at the Global Marketing Forum, University of Hertfordshire Business School, UK (2009)
- Chairman of Session at the All African Public Relations Conference, Africa Public Relations Association, Kenya, 2011
- Leader of Nigerian Delegation, All African Public Relations Conference, Africa Public Relations Association, Cameron, 2015. Won the 2016 Hosting Right for Nigeria that made a Nigerian President of the Continental Body
- Research and Evaluation in Corporate Communication (Pan-Atlantic University’s School of Media and Communication Seminar, 2008)
- National Conference of the NIPR (Umuahia 2018)
- Programme Manager, Watchdog or Captured Media (a Ford Foundation sponsored seminar, 2017), Lagos, Nigeria
- Member, ACSPN/NUC Mass Communication Unbundling/Curriculum Review Committee, Bayero University, Kano, 2017 where Mass Communication was unbundled to seven courses
- Programme Manager, Conflict-Sensitive Communication and Reporting Workshop (a UK Government sponsored workshop for Defence Correspondents and Security Services Communication Officers across Nigeria, 2014-2016)
- West Africa Public Relations Conference, Ghana, 2016
- Coordinator of Nigeria’s Participation at the Global Alliance World Conference on Public Relations in Emerging Economies, Kenya, 2015
- Global Alliance Association’s Leadership Workshop, Italy, 2015
- Milan Expo, Italy, 2015
- Global Alliance Association’s Leadership Workshop, Spain, 2014
- World Public Relations Forum, Spain, 2014
- All African Public Relations Conference, The Federation of Africa Public Relations Associations (now Africa Public Relations Association), Abuja, 2004
- Advertising: Media Independents: Evolution, Relevance and Challenges (2000)
- Digital Democracy and its Discontents, London School of Economics and Political Science (2010)
- Finance Nigeria Conference, London Stock Exchange, London, UK (2010)
- Global Marketing Forum, University of Hertfordshire Business School, UK (2009)
- World Public Relations Forum, London (2008)