Aim of the Programme
The establishment of the Entrepreneurship skill Development programme is in line with the objectives of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the African Agenda 2063 and the Nigeria Development Agenda that are aimed at reducing hunger and poverty as well as improving wealth creation.
Activities of the Centre
The main activities of the Centre involve both theory and practical training. They are in three broad categories:
- Coordinating and teaching the theoretical perspectives on entrepreneurship.
- Coordination of practical demonstrations in selected Entrepreneurial fields.
- Community impact and capacity building initiatives.
The specific objectives include:
- Creating and promoting entrepreneurial awareness and opportunities.
- Imparting entrepreneurial skills in the students, staff, and members of the external context in contact with the University.
- Enhancing the capacity of potential and practicing entrepreneurs who desire to learn practical skills that will make them self–employed and self-dependent.
- Making Trinity University graduates employers of labour, thereby depleting unemployment market in Nigeria.
- Stimulating the development and growth of entrepreneurship in Nigeria.
- Provision of market linkages.
- Provision of knowledge linkage with the industry.
- Provision of avenues for mentorship for SMEs.
- Offering supportive programmes to SME operators.