The philosophy underlying the B.Sc. International Relations Degree programme is to produce a flow of competent and confident graduate students whose minds are well developed and who are intellectually sound in the field of International Relations, and who can make meaningful contributions to the political and socio-economic development of Nigeria, Africa and indeed the entire world.
The aims and objectives of the International Relations Degree Programme are:
- Stimulate in students an appreciation of International Relations theories and other tools of analysis, and application in different contexts at the national and international levels.
- Provide students with a broad and balanced knowledge and practical skills in International Relations;
- Develop in students the ability to apply their International Relations theories, analytical tools, knowledge and skills to the solution of international problems;
- Develop in students a range of skills that are relevant to both governmental and non-governmental agencies at home and abroad;
- Provide students with relevant knowledge and skills for further studies in International Relations as a multi-disciplinary field of study.
- Generate in students an appreciation of the importance of International Relations in a national- political, economic, and social development on the one hand and in the maintenance of global peace and security on the other.
The entry requirements shall be at least credit level passes in five subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Physics to form the core subjects with credit in any other two relevant science subjects, at the Senior Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent. In addition, an acceptable pass in the University.
Candidates with two A level passes (graded A-E) at the Advanced Level in one or more relevant subjects (Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics) may undertake the three – year degree programme into 200-level.