Welcome to the Department of Computer and Information Sciences. The Department started in 2019, the same year, the University commenced its official operations, with Professor Charles K. Ayo and Mr. Omosebi Adeoye Paul as its pioneer faculty. In 2020, Dr. Akputu Oryina Kingsley joined the University and became the first substantive Ag. Head of the Department. The department runs two undergraduate programmes, leading to the degrees of B.Sc. Computer Science and B.Sc. Information Technology, both of which have been approved by the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC).
The main objectives of a degree in political Science are:
- to provide training in the principles of political science and their application to the type of degree programme concerned – political economy, public administration or international relations.
- stimulate the students intellectually through the programme, in such a way that they appreciate social problems.
- to provide a solid foundation of knowledge about the workings of society and its institutions and develop the skills for the constructive use of such knowledge.
- to develop in students, the ability to apply the knowledge to the resolution of societal problems and conflicts.
- to develop in students, such skills and competency that would allow them to be self reliant and entrepreneurial
- provide the students with necessary skills for studying and analyzing society.
- provide the students with the skill-base from which they can proceed to higher studies in political science.
- to imbue in the students a deep appreciation of the political dynamics of society and the impact of this on wider socio-economic development and societal well being.
There are two levels of admission into the Political Science Programme. These are UTME and Direct Entry.
Candidates for admission into the four year degree programme should possess a Senior Secondary School Certificate or General Certificate of Education NECO or their equivalents with at least five Credit passes obtained in not more than two sittings of which three must be Government or History plus English Language and Mathematics. A acceptable UME score is also required.
Candidates for direct entry into the degree programme in Political Science should possess five credit passes in the General Certificate of Education NECO, Senior Secondary School Certificate or their equivalents, three of which shall include Government or History, English Language and Mathematics. In addition, candidates must possess credit passes in three relevant subjects at the advanced level in the General Certificate of Education or its equivalent.